Why Iron Men?
When Mike and Joe decided to launch their investment partnership the name choice quickly became clear. These friends started competing in Iron Man 70.3 triathlons at the same time they started their business. The discipline of pushing and encouraging one another in order to improve performance carries over to Iron Men Properties.
Both men are deeply devoted to their individual faith in Christ and are committed to helping each other practice true religion in the workplace. Proverbs 27:17 provides insightful words on the importance of having good friends who help you to keep commitments and continue to improve. “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
- Responsible for project sourcing, project master planning, property acquisition, and project design, Joe is particularly skilled at seeing the big picture and assembling a plan of action to complete a project.
- For over two decades, Joe served as a Project Engineer at Eli Lilly creating facility projects and managing existing facility assets.
- Over the years Joe has used his planning and facility expertise to assist his local church and other non-profits in the development and execution of facility plans.
- Teaching strategic planning classes at work and in local churches has made Joe hone teaching and writing skills in order to be an effective communicator.
- When Joe is not working, he enjoys tandem biking with his wife, visiting adult children and grandchildren, serving in his church, mountain biking, and training for the next triathlon.
- Mike’s real estate career began in 2003 while still serving as Director of Sales for Pitney Bowes. Initially, real estate investing was part of a retirement strategy but Mike quickly realized it was something he was passionate about.
- With a foundational portfolio in place, Mike left the corporate world in 2010 and made Real Estate Investing his full time profession. To date Mike has a diversified portfolio of several hundred units in central Indiana.
- In 2013, Mike founded Iron Men Properties with business partner Joe Blake specializing in the development of urban market rate luxury apartments.
- Outside of real estate, Mike actively serves in his church and facilitates the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Class in the Lafayette Community. He and his wife Sally have four children.